Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Better

Today and for the past three days, my life is better. I must remember that the upsetting days are not forever, things look better in the morning, "This too shall pass", as my mom told me many times....

How many times have I told my children and grandchildren that we can't rationally discuss this right now? By the time we remember what the problem was, we can't remember what the "problem" was!!

So, hurray for having a "soft place to fall!!" I am on the opposite side of the continent, can't do a darn thing about any crises that develop back there, and I am MISSING all of my crazy family members!! I really am, for pity sake!

We sleep until we wake up, no "pressing" reasons not to. My window is open, cool breezes coming in, 65 degrees during the day, lower at night. Sure beats 100+ on the east coast!! We have dinner invitations two nights this week, my west coast kinfolk pop in and out. I have avocados to eat, oranges to pick off the tree, totally different yummy things to eat. I needed this!!

We will go to Costco in a few minutes, but my favorite place to go is Trader Joe's. TJ's has had many requests, much begging, groveling to bring a store to Fredericksburg, but they are ignoring us! It's their loss, but mine, too!!

I will stay here the entire month of August, returning home on the 26th. My granddaughter, Sarah, will marry Jim on the 28th in Florida. I'm sad not to go; can't afford to go down there and do their wedding reception at our house on the 5th of September. I cry every time I think of it...I'm crying now!

But we're all good at putting on weddings, receptions, (FIVE at my house!) and we will make this an affair to remember. I love Sarah's husband to be, I love his parents, his whole family!

Jim's father is a pastor, the best kind! His folks are loving, love our Sarah, and are far from stodgy, but in the back of my mind, I wonder how they'll view our rather "interesting" lifestyle. There will be "Yahoos" in the back yard, probably a pig roasting, and, of course, BEER! The younger Jim has been here, seen the way we live, and fit in well..... Hope he has given his family a heads up.

I think Facebook has already given them a glimpse into who we are: SOMEBODY needs to warn them!

No comments:

Post a Comment